When talking about the benefits of physical activity, it is common to focus on those that have to do with improving physical conditions (resistance, flexibility, loss of body fat, strengthening of muscles ...) and physiological, such as the proper functioning of the immune system, disease prevention, etc.
However, it is true that when you practice an exercise that you enjoy, you feel happy and motivated, right? If so, it is because physical activity makes a very important and often undervalued contribution to people's mental and emotional health.
These are the reasons why physical exercise is a great antidote for improving physical and psychological aspects:
- Hormones of happiness: endorphins are the neurotransmitters responsible for increasing the sensation of pleasure and relaxation, essential for well-being. Regular physical exercise increases endorphins levels, increasing the feeling of happiness among practitioners.
- Confidence in yourself: physical activity is a good elixir to prevent and face the healthiest challenges of daily life. This is something that can be seen in the large number of people, from amateurs to elite professionals, who have overcome their personal stories by relying mainly on sport.
- Favors socialization: when a sport is shared, the passion to compete, to achieve a common goal, solidarity and camaraderie are also shared. This post-workout sense of well-being extends out of the gym and promotes socialization.
- Prevents the deterioration of cognitive skills: Every day it is increasingly demonstrated, thanks to the contributions of doctors and scientists, that exercising at an early age can be an antidote or, at least, a protective measure against neurodegenerative diseases, as well as promoting the proper functioning of memory.
- Increases the quality of sleep: stress and nervousness as a result of daily obligations can lead to a daily struggle against fatigue that can cause insomnia or lack of deep and peaceful sleep. In these cases, training is an excellent remedy for better rest. Thanks to the relief of tension experienced after regular physical activity, it is possible to clear your mind and sleep better.
As you can see, there are only good reasons to be active. Move for your health!