This article by the Adidas Runtastic team, brings us tips on what to avoid in the end of the day routine to improve your well-being and avoid a bad night's sleep.
- Spend the end of your day on the couch: haven't you spent too many hours sitting at work? This will impair your posture, increase neck and headache pain and also affect the level of cardio problems.
Movement will then be the solution! You can opt for a light workout at the end of your day to stimulate blood circulation or a walk or relaxing stretching session (or yoga).
On the other hand, it is recommended to avoid high intensity training before going to bed, as it can interfere with the quality of your sleep. Ideally, training should be done up to one or two hours before going to sleep, so that your body can slow down and stay calm and relaxed.
- Eating a lot at dinner: are you one of those who come home hungry and wanting to eat sweets? When this happens the probability of eating much more than what is strictly necessary will increase. Control yourself and eat only what is necessary and with quality, the body needs to regenerate overnight instead of spending the night dealing with a slow and heavy digestion...
Opt for small portions and preferably with quality food!
- Using and abusing the online: occupation in the virtual world is part of the routine of many of us. It turns out that when we're surfing social media we're stimulating both the eyes and the brain. Instead of relaxing you are increasing your chances of getting headaches and concentration problems.
The solution will then be to replace these habits with others such as reading a book or meditating, calming your body and mind after a stressful day.
- Ingesting too much caffeine: if ingesting a coffee in the morning can help with concentration and motivation to face the day, its ingestion at the end of the day will already be counterproductive as it will take effect very close to bedtime.
Have you ever thought about replacing coffee with tea, such as chamomile or lemon, which will help you relax?
- Sleeping too long: a break after lunch can help restore energy for what is left of the day, but pay attention! If a 20-minute break can help, a longer period may leave you sleepless at night as your body goes into a deep sleep. So don't overdo it, the middle ground will be the best solution!
- Bringing work to finish at home: are you one of those people who work overtime at home? In order to be able to effectively rest and charge batteries, it is necessary to establish a physical and mental distance from the work environment.
Try to disconnect from what happened during the workday. Take time for yourself, draw, listen to music… having hobbies helps to distance work from private life, as they stimulate both creativity and personal development.
These are some tips that RM Trainer saw fit to share because, nowadays, this is a topic that most people identify with and are faced with.
More and more are those who cannot simply disconnect from the professional and stressful occupation of daily life, thus leading to greater difficulty in relaxing and sleeping.
Sometimes improving this aspect is just a matter of behavioral choices. Think about it, good sleep!