In the past few weeks we have talked about 14 tips for burning fat. So let's do a summary and review the main points to keep in mind about some studies done.
- START WITH STRENGTH TRAINING: this type of training builds muscle mass and increases strength. Strength training has been shown to increase energy expenditure at rest and reduce belly fat, especially when combined with aerobic exercise.
- FOLLOW A PROTEIN-RICH DIET: Eating more protein may be associated with a lower risk of belly fat. Increasing your protein intake can decrease your appetite, decrease your calorie intake, and preserve muscle mass. Here we include foods such as meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables and dairy products.
- SLEEP MORE TIME: Getting enough sleep can be associated with decreased appetite and hunger, as well as a lower risk of weight gain. While we all need a different amount of sleep, most studies have found that sleeping at least seven hours a night is associated with the greatest benefits when it comes to body weight.
- ADD VINEGAR TO YOUR DIET: Vinegar can help increase the feeling of satiety, decrease calorie intake and decrease body fat. In addition to its potential effects on heart health and blood sugar control, increasing vinegar intake may help to increase fat burning, according to some research.
- EAT HEALTHY FATS: Fat is digested slowly, so eating it can help curb your appetite. A higher intake of healthy fats is associated with a lower risk of weight gain and decreased belly fat. Olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, nuts and seeds are just a few examples of healthy types of fat that can have beneficial effects in burning fat.
- DRINK HEALTHY DRINKS: Sugary drinks and alcoholic beverages may be associated with an increased risk of belly fat. Green tea and water have been shown to increase weight loss and fat burning.
- TAKE FIBER: Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds are some examples of high fiber foods that can increase fat burning and weight loss.
- REDUCE REFINED CARBOHYDRATES: Refined carbohydrates are low in fiber and nutrients. They can increase hunger and cause spikes and drops in blood sugar levels. Consuming refined carbohydrates has also been linked to increased belly fat. For best results, reduce your intake of refined carbohydrates from sweets, processed foods, pasta, white breads and breakfast cereals. Replace them with whole grains, such as whole wheat, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and oats.
- INCREASE CARDIO: Studies show that the more people who exercise aerobically, the more belly fat they tend to lose. Cardio can also help to reduce waist circumference and decrease body fat. Most research recommends between 150 to 300 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise weekly, or approximately 20 to 40 minutes of cardio per day. Running, walking, cycling and swimming are just a few examples of some cardio exercises that can help you burn fat and accelerate weight loss.
- DRINK COFFEE: The caffeine found in coffee acts as a stimulant of the central nervous system, increases metabolism and increases the breakdown of fatty acids. To maximize the health benefits of coffee, avoid cream and sugar. Instead, drink it black or with a small amount of milk to prevent extra calories from building up.
- TRY HIIT TRAINING: HIIT is a form of exercise that combines intense intervals of activity with short periods of recovery to keep your heart rate high. It can help increase fat burning and burn more calories in less time than other forms of exercise.
- ADD PROBIOTICS TO YOUR DIET: Probiotics are a type of beneficial bacteria found in the digestive system, which has been shown to improve many aspects of health. Bacteria in the gut have been shown to play a role in everything from immunity to mental health. Taking probiotic supplements or increasing your intake through dietary sources can help to reduce body weight and fat percentage.
- INCREASE IRON INGESTION: Iron is an important mineral that has many vital functions in our body. An iron deficiency can be associated with impaired thyroid function and can cause symptoms such as fatigue and shortness of breath. We can find iron in meat, poultry, seafood, fortified grains and cereals, green leafy vegetables, dried fruits and beans. One study found that treating iron deficiency helped with weight loss.
- MAKE INTERMITTENT FASTING: It is a pattern of diet that involves cycles between the periods of feeding and fasting. There are several different types of intermittent fasting, including some where you can eat only on certain days of the week and others where consumption is restricted to specific times of the day. Studies have shown that intermittent fasting reduces body weight and body fat and can help preserve muscle mass when combined with resistance training.
With all these tips, it will certainly be easier to get good results when it comes to burning fat. Make good choices!